Problems after fitting egr delete

tdie

Fitted the egr delete today and the car doesn't seem quite so quick, on boost I can hear what I think is a boost leak and I'm getting a lot more smoke out the exhaust only on boost, anyone else ever had this problem?

Just checking, but you did put the gasket in between the EGR delete pipe and either side of the inlet system yeah? (or only the 1 side if it's an ASZ)

Smoke will just be the unburnt fuel. Definitely a boost leak from the sounds of it. The only 'issue' they should cause is flagging up your EML.

Yes gasket fitted, blanked off the manifold, I'll check the boost pipes tomorrow

It's stage 1 mapped and did smoke a bit before, should I expect less smoke with an egr delete?

I'd definitely have a double check around those points. What EGR delete did you use? Some of them have been known to not be perfectly flat at the bolted joint, but still I've not heard of problems due to this.

It should technically smoke less, as you're not getting exhaust gasses recirculated back into your engine.

Turns out I hadn't fitted the gasket properly, does seem to chuck out less smoke

Only thing is its throwing up a light on the dash, is this normal on an asz engine?

Is normal, will need to be mapped out

Ah bugger!

Can you not just get them to tweak your map? 300ft/lbs is good enough to be honest. Power wise you're definitely running the standard turbo to its full potential pretty much as it is. By comparison, Shark's Stage 1 map gives you about 165bhp & 285ft/lbs.

Put it this way, my hybrid recently rolling roaded at 220bhp & 301ft/lbs, and it drives fantastically!

Some companies (not naming names!) seem to give people huge torque figures on a stage 1 map. However, this is often at the expense of long-term reliability and a mass of smoke out the back.

I'd keep yours as it is to be honest mate. The lower powered stage 1 maps are the ones that drive the best. The power curve that Shark and AP gave me was brilliant - very linear!