kindle help

D15VRS

I have some books on my computer but seem unable to put them on the kindle. I follow steps connect through USB then drag your Document into the Documents folder. nothing happens it shows on computer as book is in Documents but cannot find it. Help needed please. 

Kindle fire HD, do use calibre, tried epub format no go, AZW3 no go, just tried 2 books in MOBI and they are now on the carousel but not in books. I coupled kindle to laptop and dragged into documents, I dragged the others shown on comp as in docs but will not show on kindle.  So I take it books must be in MOBI format. So confusing, and thank you for the replies. Diane.

File format shouldn't matter if you're using the file browsing utilities of the computer and/or the Kindle fire HD.

If they're not visible to the OS then they're either hidden/archived or somesuch or they're not really where you think they are.

Not visible to the kindle app on the KFHD would imply it isn't looking in the right place or foreign/duff formats.

for stuff like this have you downloaded an " es " file manager as this is where they will end up and you can open them up and read them in there . the only problem is it does not save where you are in the book so each time you open it its at the beginning .you just have to remember to bookmark your last page and look for that when you open up.

also look for books at a site called "smashworlds" you can sideload books from them onto a kindle v easily . when you go to download it gives you a choice of formats just pick kindle & down load

a quick search on sideloading tells you how to do it 

Edited by jgcsteve13