dreaded oil pump fixed

so after giving it ago ive managed to get the new drive key into the balance shaft and put back together. Now 2 days on the oil pressure light is back on and its used a litre of oil which all seems to have exited via the exhaust , ive had a look and the turbo is as slack as the preverbial , would this bring on the pressure light if it needs a new turbo ? :@

If you have lost enough and pressure would obviously be reduced if there is a leak some where. Bit like when on TV and some one's blood pressure drops and the doctors we need to find the leak quickly.

The 1.9PD was probably one of the best small diesel engines ever produced - I have one.

The 2.0 was ruined by cost cutting (Siemens injectors in 4 valve head) and bad engineering (balance shaft/oil pump drive) probably done by an apprentice whilst the CR engines were being designed.

The 2.0 PD is a lemon - be warned.

rotodiesel.

The 1.9PD was probably one of the best small diesel engines ever produced - I have one.

The 2.0 was ruined by cost cutting (Siemens injectors in 4 valve head) and bad engineering (balance shaft/oil pump drive) probably done by an apprentice whilst the CR engines were being designed.

The 2.0 PD is a lemon - be warned.

rotodiesel.

I am surprised you say that rotodiesel I thought you were a fan. He he he etc (cannot do smiley faces on my ipad).

• Like 1

ok so new turbo fitted anyway as old one had imploded but need new balane shaft the only problem is i cannot find any info on the timing when refitting the the pump unit , this was not timed last time due to lack of info. If anyone knows of the process to time it please it would be massively appreciated . :@

You can't possibly fit a balance shaft assembly to an engine without timing it - you could end up with the engine twice as unbalanced...

You need VAG balance shaft index lock tool T 10255 to set the position of the shafts relative to engine crankshaft TDC. You must also observe strictly the fitting procedure which includes some stretch bolts and a once only coating on the centre gear which sets the backlash.

Unless you build these engines very carefully and correctly using new parts where necessary and the correct tools, the job will end in grief.

The BHW engine is very similar to that fitted to the 2.0PD Superb - it was sold in the USA and the Americans found out all of its problems in short order. They are also resourceful enough to find the fixes. I suggest Google "BHW balance shaft" for more information. This is not a trivial job.

rotodiesel.