4500 miles dash buzzing starts

My 63 170 Elegance Combi has just started generating buzzing noise at about 2000 rpm. It's coming from somewhere in the region of the instrument dials / where the door meets the dash. It's not loud at the moment, but I am sure it has got slowly worse.

Loud enough to annoy me, but quiet and isolated enough for a dealer to think I was a bit of a pedant if I turned up complaining.

Never had one tick/ rattle / buzz in 2 years with my last Audi A4. I hoped for the same.

I have exact same. Noticed it from new but wasn't very loud. Has gradually got a bit louder though, it seems to be behind the drivers side air vent and next to instrument binnacle. When there is any vibration from engine it is more noticeable e.g if you are fifth or sixty gear and there is a drag on the engine. I'm not sure how to get to where the noise is coming from. Also like you say it's not loud enough for a dealer to take seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is under warranty so Not a whole lot I can do except mention it to dealer as I'm not taking panels apart on a four month old car! Having said that I did have a similar noise on an Octavia before and it disappeared after a while. Lots of panel noises come and go so I'll live with it for another little while unless it gets progressively worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive noticed that mine gets worse going around roundabout. Must be a wire behind a panel. Superb170 - do you have the upgraded speakers?

Yes I have the upgraded system as it was standard d on the L&K.  That's a good point actually and now that you mention it I noticed it this morning going around a really bad bend where I had really slow down.  I already notice a lot more vibration on the doors with those speakers but I expected that.