what is this noise?

What does the noise sound like? Where is it coming from? Which engine? How many miles? How frequently does it occur? When does it occur (warm, cold engine etc)?

Need some more info bud.

Mine makes the exact same noise and seemingly it's the charcoal canister and it's normal. I took mine to Skoda and it decided to not make a noise but i'm still not 100% sure as it is so annoying.

Mine is on the Tsi as i seen yours is the TFSI.

Would be great if others actually knew what the cause is and what it does.

Yeah i know exactly how annoying it is lol.

Got my car booked in for it's service in a few weeks and i'll show them a video i have done of mine doing so will let you know how i got on.

• 1 year later...

Did you manage to solve this problem? I have the same annoying ticking at idle. Was it the charcoal cannister? I also have a p0441 error code which i believe is related to the evap system so wondered if the two were related.. Cheers