hi guys I have a set of lowering springs for my superb and I was wandering if anybody has fitted springs in the past and could give me a brief guide on how to fit them.

I have a couple of mates who can provide me the equipment to fit springs just I need to know where to start and what to do in order to get the suspension out and apart.

Thanks.

This is not a job for the inexperienced.

Springs are lethal even when handled with care.

I compressed a front spring some years ago with the proper tools to replace a leaking front strut, carefully laid it down on the bench whilst I prepared the new strut unit to take it and it suddenly exploded out of the compressors, damaging the brick of the garage wall. Had I been in the way I would have been seriously hurt at best, it fortunately shot away from where I was.

The other issue is that after installing the modified assembly the car should really be set up again completely for tracking and camber as this will have been lost by unbolting the unit from the car. This requires expensive equipment and understanding how to do it.

The garage only charged about £150 including the purchase cost of the springs to replace them on my wifes fabia, so is it really worth the risk?

As an aside I put lowered springs on a polo some years ago and it was the worst mistake I ever mad. The ride became appallingly hard for no noticeable increase in road holding at sane speeds, and at the same time put the car at risk of grounding on speed humps.

I will be getting my friend at a local garage fit them as I have no clue and would rather pay someone else to do it. I already have the springs so that's one part of the cost taken away :)

Thanks for the response :thumbup: