VRS Problem

I have got a problem with my vrs when i drive it i get the EML on after half an hour or so which is showing N/A on my code Reader ( E of bay product) which is the reason for the EML showing, the other fault is the turbo cuts out not on hard acceleration like my old seat leon when the turbo was on its way out but after hard acceleration and come to a junction or roundabout then when i come to set off no power at all , once i restart the car all is fine again till it starts to go again, very strange, i am getting a N/A code which unsure of what it is and when turbo cuts out a p0243 code which i was told to replace the solenoid block which didnt make a difference at all. hope somebody on here can help as im not in a position to start throwing money at the car just yet with kids and a house to sort, fingers crossed somebody out there is of help thanks in advance .

Hiya..

Have you checked under the car for a boost leak? I remember I had the very same thing happen to me a few years ago, with my Golf tdi 130 (same engine). The lower Intercooler pipe that connects to the Intercooler & pancake pipe, had come away due to the bayonet connector being "worn". Therefore the clip could not keep the pipe engaged and it ke[pt slipping off.. Resulting in boost being lost before the Intercooler, and throwing an EML. Quite simple really... and the car kept going to limp mode until you turn off the car.

I'd check the entire length of the IC plumbing, its your first job. If I was nearer, I'd assist and find it. Jack up the car, and get underneath. Check for splits on turbo pipe, they can be common. Check your connectors are all in good condition, you'll identify a bad join/split with oil vapourisation at the problem area. It will show signs of oil sludge/deposits, where spent gases have formed and tried to escape.

Otherwise, sticking vanes can be a possibility, but less likely IMO.

Checked all piping and all in fine also cleaned map sensor on the intercooler aswell while was off which didnt help. I was actually thinking it was the turbo to be honest but when it does pull it pulls hard but evey now and again after a while of driving it pulls but not as hard its like more i use the car boost is less and less till it it cuts out. Do you not think its an electical problem then with it coming up with the solenoid which i have replaced still? I thort it would have said boost exceeded instead of the solenoid fault but i maybe wrong. Im hoping you guys who have had this car longer than me know a little more than what i do as im a little rusty with diesels not had it long.i can find out the other fault the boost problems sorted. A friend scanned it and cant remember what he said it was but it wasnt nothing major i remember him sayin but hes on holiday now so can ask him what it was. If i need a turbo so bee it but im hoping to know its that before spending the money as in short suply at moment

Ive just noticed aswell that driving along the turbo seems to shoot in really sharp like its either sticking then freeing off sharp or i dont know its very jerky during gear change aswell.