key fob stopped working help

I found mine did this. I took it apart and found that the little plastic button which touches the micro switch had some how got bent and did not touch the micro switch. Just re shaped it and it's bee fine since

Probably not, but I would try cleaning the contacts. The key wont physically stop working unless you chop it up with an angle grinder, so just prise it open carefully and youll be fine.

Ah-hah! Someone else has the same problem....

My "usual" key started doing this on Sunday. Had to use my spare for a trip.

Mine turned out to be the battery. Fitted a new CR2032 and all is now cushty with it. :)

Symptoms were...

- Doors locked fine.

- Boot opened remotely fine.

- Lock from the remote just didn't work at all.

- No red LED flash during any of the above operations from the remote. (Should flash as button is pressed usually).

Oh yeah...

About 50secs in to avoid pre-blurb.

J.

Edited by vindaloo

Think ur having a different problem. All of my buttons work fine except the unlock button. For what u have wrote none of ur buttons were working at all?

Dammit, meant unlock... d'oh!

Lock worked, boot unlock worked, unlock car doors did NOT work. Red LED on the keyfob didn't flash no matter what button was pressed.

Nothing falls apart when u undo them. Iv told you what to do how to fix it. I did it with my only key. If your not happy buy another key for take apart which took me 5 mins tops going slow

It worth taking it apart and having a go. I needed a spare key for my Fabia and skoda raped £155 out of me for it (including some haggling ) I know you can prob get it cheaper elsewhere by some random bloke but at least I know it's gonna work lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk