Thule Roof bars and Bike carrier

JakRyan

Thanks Damo, never bought alloys before so I'm really pleased with them!

Thanks Professor, have you seen much difference on MPG with the roof bars? (I'm going to leave the bars on but don't know yet whether I'm going to leave the bike carrier on) 

Here's my 6 wheels in their full glory, having always carried my bike on the back of the car it's a bit nerve racking driving at first purely because on A and B roads its easy to forget I'm carrying it. :)

post-115653-0-48270200-1399821836_thumb.jpg

post-115653-0-62327200-1399821994_thumb.jpg

Thanks Professor, have you seen much difference on MPG with the roof bars? (I'm going to leave the bars on but don't know yet whether I'm going to leave the bike carrier on) 

Here's my 6 wheels in their full glory, having always carried my bike on the back of the car it's a bit nerve racking driving at first purely because on A and B roads its easy to forget I'm carrying it. :)

I've not scientifically measured the difference the roof bars made but I recall last summer (I only use the bars for cycle racing) it was just a few (6 or 7) mpg less.  I guess your more aero bars will beat that...

Out of curiosity, what size alloys are they? I've been toying with changing mine and yours look a good (not outrageous) size.

Thanks Professor,

I went for 15" Alloys from www.wheelbasealloys.com

Being an SE it only had steel wheels so I wanted to personalize it a little and like I said I've never bought alloys before so I didn't want to stray to much from the Skoda alloy sizes.

Edited by JakRyan

I do believe that is an FSR XC Comp?

I had the "Expert" version (red frame, Recon front fork and a couple of minor tweaks)..... gutted when it was stolen :( (Dont make the same mistake I did, make a note of your frame number NOW as no one else records it..... that way you can get it on bikeshepard should the worst happen)