How long does?

Your brake pads lasted? My superb is on 47,000 miles and all original brake pads, looked at them yesterday and I'd say the fronts still have about 3k on them, not bad eh?

My little work horse... my Seat Ibiza I use  day in day out has done 59500 on the same set, and still look good... although most is dual carriageway and motorway driving..

Still had the originals on my Fabia vRS at 85k.

Changed them and the discs/brake fluid last year simply due to age.

Brakes are for emergency use only imo.  :D

Edited by Mr Ree
  • Like 1

I'm on 84k on originals. At last service I was told I'd probably have to change them at the next service so I'll be somewhere near to 100k or a little over when they're done. Thats on a 170 DSG so not as much engine braking compared to a manual either.

I seem to remember on my 04 plate superb they went at around the 100k mark too so anything less than that and I reckon you're not looking far enough ahead and having to brake too hard all the time :-)