Broken aircon 1.9tdi bora

Hi, sorry if this isnt in the best place I usually lurk in the octavia II section but I also have a vw 1.9tdi 130bhp as a run aound and I am having trouble with its AC. I'm hoping this is the same/similar enging to the fabia vrs and somebody can help me. The car was sold to me last year and i was told that the ac needed a gas top up, i had this done on friday after having it pressure tested but the ac still fails to work. the compressor is a sd7v16 and i could see that the clutch had not enaged as the end wasnt turning. The voltage going to the compressor is 9.25 volts (off load) with the aircon on or off. I have powered up the compressor seperately and i get nice ice cold air into the car so it shouldn't be the clutch/compressor. Also the fans at the front of the car do not turn and i think one should when the ac is on. i have tried to do some searching and found that people have had problems with a pressure switch or tempreature sensor but i don't know where they are located. Any advice what i should do next? If it was going to be the compressor i would of just left it and kept my window down as i dont want to spend to much money on it, £33 for gas was bad enough!

The air con in the fabia works in a different way to the Octavia. I suspect the Bora's system is going to like the Octavia with the clutch on pulley.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk