Front disks.

Can anyone advise?

I have grooves on both front disks. I took the car into the dealer to have the park assist fixed ( now works) and asked them to look at the disks. They said that there was a service note from Skoda that said that it was acceptable for the disks to have grooves.

I find this very strange.

Has anyone else heard of this?

Cheers

Kiffer.

Brake discs do wear out (slowly) so a degree of grooving is bound to occur, but it's a question of degree. There's no reason I can see why a light grooving would prevent the brakes working effectively. However, given that the Superb with 170 horses is a big heavy beast with a lot of poke, I do understand your concern!

Yes a software update fixed  the steering assist. 

're the disks, I have only seen grooving before when a small stone got stuck in the pads (toyota avensis). Had to replace disks.

Grooves wear into brake disc's alot easier since they took the asbestos out of the pads, it's more or less the norm now, we were talking about this at work and we looked at the positive that there is more surface area for the pads to grab on to!