Would this affect boost? Fitted DIY boost pipes

Finally got my arse into gear and fitted my DIY setup for the pipes, only to be massively disappointed. It was as flat as a fart after fitting as if I've got an enormous leak and I can't see from where it could possibly be leaking. 

The top of the stainless pipe that goes into the silicone bend for fitting on the EGR is sitting beyond the bend of the silicone, as I've tried to show below

post-111776-0-58853600-1400445990_thumb.jpg
Imagine if you're looking down the end that fits into the EGR. The black being the silicone bend and the red bit the stainless pipe you can see as you look into it.  Would this cause problems? 

I know on my mk4 golf tdi 130, I did the whole DIY pipework change, went for a bigger SMIC (cut bumper to fit from inside) and Audi S3 pancake pipe. All designed to be free flowing with a larger 'cooler for the Blacksmoke 180 remap. It worked, and I went with new piping all the way to the turbo (changed red pipe also). I still had heat soak, unfortunately unavoidable with SMIC's.

I'm not so sure i'd do it again, there's little affect really unless you're going FMIC and looking to push towards stage 2 bhp. For me, the TD engines aren't REALLY designed to be firebreathing monster although I appreciate it can be rewarding if you throw money at it, and go uprating your DMF/clutch.

Money is best spent on handling for Fabia VRS's.

With your boost leak, check the one behind the headlight to see if its come away. While you've got the bumper off, why not empty the Intercooler of oil vapour. It will be thick with it, give it a mini-service. :happy:

Finally got my arse into gear and fitted my DIY setup for the pipes, only to be massively disappointed. It was as flat as a fart after fitting as if I've got an enormous leak and I can't see from where it could possibly be leaking. 

The top of the stainless pipe that goes into the silicone bend for fitting on the EGR is sitting beyond the bend of the silicone, as I've tried to show below

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

Imagine if you're looking down the end that fits into the EGR. The black being the silicone bend and the red bit the stainless pipe you can see as you look into it.  Would this cause problems? 

Potentially, It'll cause problem, yes. Unfortunately, "it depends"... on at what flow rate it becomes very restrictive.

PS: Mine also seems slower at present... Then I realised, it was 24 degrees outside! Damned SMIC doesn't like hot weather.

I know on my mk4 golf tdi 130, I did the whole DIY pipework change, went for a bigger SMIC (cut bumper to fit from inside) and Audi S3 pancake pipe. All designed to be free flowing with a larger 'cooler for the Blacksmoke 180 remap. It worked, and I went with new piping all the way to the turbo (changed red pipe also). I still had heat soak, unfortunately unavoidable with SMIC's.

I'm not so sure i'd do it again, there's little affect really unless you're going FMIC and looking to push towards stage 2 bhp. For me, the TD engines aren't REALLY designed to be firebreathing monster although I appreciate it can be rewarding if you throw money at it, and go uprating your DMF/clutch.

Money is best spent on handling for Fabia VRS's.

With your boost leak, check the one behind the headlight to see if its come away. While you've got the bumper off, why not empty the Intercooler of oil vapour. It will be thick with it, give it a mini-service. :happy:

I had it on and off about 3 times, even going back to the old one to make sure it wasn't just in my head. Then came to the conclusion that it was exactly the same, so went to put my DIY setup back on and noticed the bottom IC connection had come out, so it wasn't just in my head. By this point I was sick and just left the original piping on and called it a day. It's making a really loud hissing again now as if the bottom IC bit has come loose again... 

I think I'll cut the stainless section down when I get a chance so it doesn't come past the bend and see what that's like.