Rain x vs Enduroshield

I<3myvRS

No but I use Aquapel which works very well.

Better than the rain X I was using before. 

Devonutopia has been flogging it lately. Maybe you

can try that instead.   

There are many alternatives to Rain X, and most if not all are better performing.

Aquapel (as grr666 mentions) is a great product, easy to apply and lasts for months.

GTechniq offer the G1 or G5 products. G5 is easier to apply than G1 but doesn't last as long. (http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/gtechniq/g1-clearvision-smart-glass.aspx)

Carlack offer the Glass Sealing Kit but there is not much to choose between Gtechniq and Carlack. (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=348)

From my side - i used to be a big Rain-x fan for many many years, but this year changed to Gtechniq G5.

Highly recommended - MUCH easier to apply than Rain-x and performs very well!  :thumbup:

I haven't tried the other products mentioned in previous posts.

I ran Halfords own rain repellent this winter and it was bang on for the money.

did have a short life though although i was just applying one quick coat which the wipers had all but removed in a couple of weeks

I've just applied Carbon Collectives glass sealant to my Fab. About a month on now and still going strong. Very easy to apply and is claimed to last 6-8 months.

Cheers guys, rain x is tough to beat on value tho

Agreed that Rain-X is tough to beat on value - £4 per bottle, but not when you consider whole life costs ie. you'll need to re-apply Rain-X more times over the course of a year than any of the other products mentioned.

Both G1 and G5 are about £10 and will give you minimum of 6 months. Aquapel is a similar price to Rain-X and will give you around 6-9 months.

Hardest aspect of G1 application for me was the prep with G4 to clean the glass. Took ages to get it all off and without streaks before applying the G1.

The G1 has lasted for 12 months, maybe slightly deteriorating in the last month or so. I found I was reapplying RainX every wash to keep it topped up

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Carlack kit every time - polish is superb and the sealant excellent, lasting approx 3 months and the bottle lasts forever. I've tested quite a few over the years but this is still the one to beat for performance and value IMHO.

my resubscription renewal to evo magazine garnered me with an Armor All gift box including one of these

810NotNPVGL._SL1500_.jpg

shall report back once i've applied and had some rain