changed Thermostat but now engine is hotter! 1.9 pickup

hello i got my thermostat changed yesterday and before it would sit when driving just over 70 but now it sits half way between 70 and 110. what could this be just and doggy thermostat? still driving car how it is for work becuase need it for deliving. 1.9d pickup 1998

okay so is it fine that it goes over just a bit sorry must look like a idiot paha plus then fan only kicks in for 4 sec at a time but dose not seam long to cool down right?

That sounds like you still have an issue, but it's not the thermostat itself. I'd suspect a bit of sludge someplace, probably in the base of the radiator. That means draining the cooling system and flushing it. It's not worth doing the radiator and not doing the block as well. When flushing, keep going until the water runs clear.