poor dealers

Yup.

My main dealer is adamant that the winking fog lights cannot be turned off....even though they apparently can according to one knowledgeable member in here.

On Saturday they said they'd ring Tech Service on Monday and get back to me.

Needless to say....................................  :notme:

Got your money, now sod off and stop bothering us  basically.

Find someone with a VCDS cable, it can be turned off within 5 minutes.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I must have just got a poor dealer or salesman. I have been trying to buy the car from Johnsons in Birmingham. Will never use them again.

This is interesting as i have used this dealer in the past due to poor service from other local Skoda dealers. I did receive a good service from them in their original guise as Central Skoda. What seems to be a common theme i have been experiencing is good small dealers service is getting worse when large dealers take them over. I have a similar issue with the Trust Group.

Normally it's the mechanic that leaves a good or bad impression,

I've had a VX dealer hand my car back with a leaking turbo before,

A Skoda one that didn't want to fix anything

A VW one who made my quiet engine sound like a sewing machine and I suspect didn't do the DSG service I paid £180 for

Another VX one who gave me back a ripped undertray

All the VX ones were bad tech and so was the VW one as I saw the idiot who worked on my car as I was taking it in and he had the look on his face that he'd stolen the car he was driving at the time, the Skoda one, well, not a good experience in the workshop or later in the showroom, their best salesman died since, the dealer I bought from was good though only too far away to return to, he was at least honest and as good as his word regarding the condition of the car.

The good dealer was Motorline in Canterbury btw, good to haggle with and good quality stock, or at least it was 7 years ago.

Edited by Supurbia

Final update on poor dealer...Johnsons in Birmingham. Checked tyre pressures as I was getting a strange vibration on the motorway. It turns out the garage had over inflated one of the rear tyres by a significant amount. (25% more than the other 3). Surely they should have checked this before I drove 70 miles home on the motorway. Never going to use that dealership again!!!