Thermostat Housing & Thermostat advise

Hey Guys,

I have a 2002 1.8T

I think my Thermostat is bad.........What you think?

It takes more than 10 minutes to reach the temperature to 90º (middle of the temperature dial indicator) Even that I am driving it with the AC on it take his time.

I am pretty sure in the pass the temperature get more quick to reach the middle of the temperature dial indicator.

I changed that thermostat 050 121 113 C with a genuine Behr German and thermostat housing at 50,000kms when I replaced the water pump. My car has now 62,000kms :mad: This POS part doesn’t last!

So do you recommend me a brand?

I was checking on e-bay this $19.00 a MEYLE combo set that include the thermostat, O-ring and thermostat housing. What you think? Have any of you have experience with these brand/parts?

Audi TT Jetta Golf Beetle Thermostat Housing Thermostat | eBay

THX for your time and help,

Isaac

Edited by Turbo_Boss

When you drive fast does the temperature go down? That's the best indicator that the thermostat is stuck open, which is the usual cause of the engine taking a long time to warm up. However it also depends how you drive too

Driving with the aircon on cools the radiator more due to the fans being on.