DSG Recall (sorry...service campaign)

Cars with the DQ200 seven-speed DSG gearbox (I believe that's the lower end petrol engines) are having a gearbox oil change (synthetic to mineral) and a software update. This is happening as and when you visit the dealer and they check recalls (though this is absolutely not a recall...).

This seems to be the same issue that has led to recalls in places like China, Japan, Singapore and Malaysia and Australia (http://goo.gl/KhJvlR) and Singapore (http://goo.gl/Np8s91), though they actually got new a mechatronic unit for free

Unfortunately for me, having suffered the common 2nd gear shudder problem a few months ago, I was stupid enough to hand over money to my dealer to reset the software (since they denied all knowledge of a known issue).

Yeah, slap in a claim to Skoda UK and the dealer.

VAG were aware of the global issue with the DSG but as usual decided to leave UK out of the loop for recall, until now, with Customer potentially at Risk during that time frame!

Oh! and still are, if you have to wait a 12 month until next service (campaign)

• Like 1

Bought from a different Skoda dealer. This was the dealer that

( a ) did a load of warranty work when I first purchased the car (used) 

( b ) has done all the servicing and from whom I have just bought a service plan

( c ) I bought 2 years warranty and assistance from

( d ) I've bought my replacement tyres from.

Edited by DadWagon

Bought from a different Skoda dealer. This was the dealer that

( a ) did a load of warranty work when I first purchased the car (used) 

( b ) has done all the servicing and from whom I have just bought a service plan

( c ) I bought 2 years warranty and assistance from

( d ) I've bought my replacement tyres from.

They have done pretty well out of your pocket!

So now lets have some CUSTOMER CARE AND GOODWILL!

Oh! and some decent recompense !

• Like 1

How come you had to pay for the software update if the car was still in warranty?

I'd be wary about going to a main dealer for tyres too, I've never known them to be cheaper than the smaller local tyre fitters.

• Like 2

How come you had to pay for the software update if the car was still in warranty?

Well, it wasn't an update. It was explained to me that over time, slight wear in the cogs means that the timings in the software can become slightly "out" and resetting the software can help because it relearns the box according to how it is rather than how it was out of the box. This involved them driving the car at various speeds in various gears for various periods of time.

Come on DadWagon name and shame the ******s!

I'll give them a chance to get it right first. Like I said, it's been a good relationship so far. I was just left feeling like I got the service guy on a very bad day!

I'd be wary about going to a main dealer for tyres too, I've never known them to be cheaper than the smaller local tyre fitters.

To be fair, they were about £3 more expensive than the best price I could find for the tyres I wanted on blackcircles.com or eTyres.

I payed a visit to my local dealer Sparshats Botley and they put my vin number into the computer and said that my car was up for

recall to have the oil in the gearbox replaced. He asked me to book it in and they would sort it out.

Yeah, slap in a claim to Skoda UK and the dealer.

VAG were aware of the global issue with the DSG but as usual decided to leave UK out of the loop for recall, until now, with Customer potentially at Risk during that time frame!

Oh! and still are, if you have to wait a 12 month until next service (campaign)

Have emailed Skoda UK customer services today asking for the £70 + vat I was charged by my dealer to 'reset the DSG software' before they owned up to the problem. Will report back.

• Like 1

Due to a computer Glitch I was "locked out" for a few days there.

But I too have been contacted by the local Skoda franschise and been asked to bring the car in for a full day

For an Oil change and software upgrade.

Could/would the mods perhaps make this a "sticky" until this Unedifying saga is resolved.

Marcus

Contacted! Lucky you! I had to wait until bits fell of the car and I went in of my own volition!

Skoda Customer Services emailed back today asking for my phone number. Apparently I should get a call in the next three days from my "Customer Relations Manager".

Well I did Qualify with "unedifying saga", which is about the Politest way I could describe this entirely unnecessary and  self inflicted debacle.

Roll on Toyota! (and absolutly seriously the service the daughter recieves from Toyota, Ballymena is truely exemplarly, after she bought herself a Yaris, friendly, helpful, supportive etc etc, well kinda what one would expect from any respected marque of vehicle franschised dealership

Marcus

Edited by dieseldogg
  • Like 1

Just left the dealership following the 'service enhancement' as it was referred to. My first thought was that the gear changes seemed smoother. Unfortunately, the judder that often comes when accelerating from a low speed in second is still present.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Have emailed Skoda UK customer services today asking for the £70 + vat I was charged by my dealer to 'reset the DSG software' before they owned up to the problem. Will report back.

So is it back to Dealer and Skoda UK CUSTOMER SERVICES specailists!? 

Edited by vrskeith

Just left the dealership following the 'service enhancement' as it was referred to. My first thought was that the gear changes seemed smoother. Unfortunately, the judder that often comes when accelerating from a low speed in second is still present.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Is the judder usually when the box has just shifted into 2nd gear and you've got a little bit of throttle on?

And is it usually worse/more evident when you've got extra weight in the car or turning out of a junction?