Octavia aftermarket cd controller?

Is it possible to fit an aftermarket head-unit which will controll the standard cd changer.Pionner etc....Looking for single disc with controller functions for the original changer.Car is octavia mk1.

No - it's possible to get aftermarket CD changers which work with the standard Symphony head unit, but for less than the cost of these you can get a complete aftermarket CD head unit and changer package.

Are you after doing this just to upgrade the head unit to something a bit better?

Rob.

It's not for me.My boss is buying a new vrs(i'm buying his old one) and would like to replace the head-unit(tape deck)with a single disc upfront which can controll the changer.What makes can do this.

It's not for me.My boss is buying a new vrs(i'm buying his old one) and would like to replace the head-unit(tape deck)with a single disc upfront which can controll the changer.What makes can do this.

None of the aftermarket ones...I think possibly the only option to do this would be to buy the Skoda Symphony single-slot CD head unit such as comes with the Fabia vRS. This should then be able to power the CD changer.

Only problem will be that it won't be as cheap as an aftermarket head unit, and it won't sound as good...

Rob.

The Octy Standard CD changer has a unique fitting, there is (to my knowledge) no connector available which is compatable with the standard changer and any aftermarket head unit. Options are either to change both the head unit and changer or to just fit an aftermarket head unit and forget about the changer, which is what most owners have done.