Petrol overflow in filling up

simonmc

Today, not for the first time, I got blowback when filling up the tank (petrol 1.2SE FL). I put the nozzle in the filler hole as far as it will go then when it gets to the top the petrol just comes sloshing over the side, down the wheel arch and onto the wheel/tyre. Luckily the Sainsbury's filling station has paper towel reels so I can wipe it off, but this is the first car I have had with this problem (unless you keep on pressing the nozzle handle after it clicks).

Anone else had this problem and, if so, any tips for avoiding it?

Cheers,

Simon

Could be... I think that this time I did actually fill up at exactly the same pump as the last time. I'll have to check at other "servos" :) (reminds me of the 5 months I spent in Australia - like the Brits and Yanks, I sometimes think Brits and Aussies are divided by a common language...)