Transport wax on new cars?

Hello. I am doing the details on my new car myself and have asked the dealer not to touch the paintwork. I have found out reading other forums that there may be transport wax left on there. I assumed there would be no coating on a new car. Is it strongly possible it will have this wax on it. If so what's the best way to remove it before beginning my regime?

Thanks. Can I get something from halfords instead of tardis? Car is coming in a few days and I have spent loads on detailing stuff already.

Buy some tardis

+1

+ Auto Finesse Iron Out if your gonna do it properly.

If you're gonna buy stuff from Halfords, you might as well just throw white spirit over it!

Edited by Nookiebear

+1

+ Auto Finesse Iron Out if your gonna do it properly.

If you're gonna buy stuff from Halfords, you might as well just throw white spirit over it!

People on here use Daisy and an IPA? Not a good idea?

Yes they all come with some sort of transport wax on them, or at least all of mine have done, just use some fairy liquid or some sort of similar cleaner, all purpose cleaner etc on it, the salt content in these will erode the transport wax away, maybe wash he car a couple of times using it, until you see no more beading on the car then you will have a naked surface to deal with, wipe it down with some IPA to remove any last wax residue etc then start your detailing regime from there.

The transport wax is put on to help protect it whilst its parked in port car parks etc from the effects of the salt in the air etc.

Yes they all come with some sort of transport wax on them, or at least all of mine have done, just use some fairy liquid or some sort of similar cleaner, all purpose cleaner etc on it, the salt content in these will erode the transport wax away, maybe wash he car a couple of times using it, until you see no more beading on the car then you will have a naked surface to deal with, wipe it down with some IPA to remove any last wax residue etc then start your detailing regime from there.

The transport wax is put on to help protect it whilst its parked in port car parks etc from the effects of the salt in the air etc.

Thanks so many different opinions. Someone on detailing world just told me it won't have wax and has horizontal film instead.

I will get the dealer to check when I see him tomorrow. I have some Daisy apc. It's antibacterial hope this is ok. Where do I get IPA from on the high street. What dilution shall I use for the Daisy.

I always though fairy liquid for washing the car was a big no no.

I always though fairy liquid for washing the car was a big no no.

Because usually you want to maintain the wax on the car, fairy will do a good job of stripping the wax off, allowing you to build it up again from bare paint.

There's no wax applied to the painted bodywork, just the underside of it. The top half on the bodywork comes wrapped in a white plastic stuff and thats about it.

You mean underneath the car?