Fitted sat nav

Is the Amundsen sat nav worth having as an option on the Rapid, anyone got one fitted whatever model you have?

As my earlier post on the SE Connect it comes with that fitted amongst other bit and pieces added, just wondering if it really is a good piece of kit or better to get a stand alone unit instead?

For not much more £s I can get the Elegance if I don't spec too much on that other than a spare wheel and metallic paint.

The Sat Nav itself on the Amundsen is rubbish as far as sat navs go. Handy to have nonetheless, but I got mine purely for the DAB - once you've had DAB, you realise how rubbish FM is. What's also nice are all the media capabilities that go with it, such as an SD card slot and whatnot.

Ideally, I wouldn't bother getting the Amundsen but separately buy a Columbus unit.... the problem is, I haven't a clue whether all the wiring will be correct, so perhaps get the Amundsen, then maybe think about upgrading to the Columbus later on, which has a few more capabilities.

Got a Raid Spaceback on loan and it has the Amundsen with nav and usb etc. The screen is very small and the nav guidance very computerised, but it's very easy to use. I had to smile at the "go along this road for a long time".  Shall I ask Skoda for a definition ? 

The above posts about DAB are spot on. I wish I had absolute 80's in my car...

• Like 1

Hi. Amundsen Nav is brilliant in my 2014 Yeti Lauren and Klement edition. . Much better than the Columbus into previous Yeti SE.

It has DAB and a DVD player as well. Nav very intuitive and many good features. Have had built in nav in my Audi and my BMW and Skoda one matches them.

Go for it.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk