1.9tdi engine hesitation

My 1.9tdi has recently started to hesitate feeling almost like a misfire on a petrol engine, it occurs at between 1500 to 2200 revs at around 50/60mph mainly when driving on light throttle & gets slightly worse when accelerating away from those revs, if I drive the car hard taking revs up to say 4500revs through the gears there are no issues, car is 06 with 104000mls

any help appreciated

I had this with my 06 vRS - It turned out a pipe from the EGR needs a smaller hole - It were given a bigger hole to meet emissions I believe. I am sure someone will know if I am correct or not.

I had this with my 06 vRS - It turned out a pipe from the EGR needs a smaller hole - It were given a bigger hole to meet emissions I believe. I am sure someone will know if I am correct or not.

Different engine. Yours will be BLT code and this is likely to be a BXE. The EGR is different.

My money is on EGR. Very quick to check. Just pop the clip off for turbo pipe and have a look inside it. Could be clogged up.

Phil