Forge BOV adaptor

Well I just fitted my BOV adaptor on to my mk2.

First thought, this little thing is gonna sound like a balloon deflating. But I was wrong.

The little thing sounds really well.

Ok, it is a bit pants with it being a DSG gearbox but if you get the boost up right then a little release of the pedal and whoosh! Sounds great.

The only thing I would say is that when you are travelling up hill, the boost is dumped constantly so it sound like a jet taken off. Easy fix with an extra push on the throttle!

Wouldn't fit one of these on mine, leaky leaky.

The uphill boost dumping doesn't sound spot on either, quite sure mine doesn't do this.

it only dumps uphill on half throttle because it down shifts on really low revs. (The hill up to my house is huge!) the only reason I installed it was due to the fact my turbo was chirpin loudly with the back pressure. Was a quick fix for £30. What valve have you got on yours?

Others that have fitted them then remove them.

they really can cause issues.

I think I may have seen your car before driving through. I was just panicking about the pressure on my turbo and with it being my first car i wasn't taking any chances.

Your cars engine is designed to produce pressure and perform as it does.

You can Remap or use Tuning Boxes or other Tuning if you want,

The BOV is just for noise on your type of engine and otherwise is a liability not an Upgrade,  

but that is just my opinion.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/221248-vrs=powereds-fabia-vrs-tsi-tmc-itg-2116-bhp

Post #16 & #25

Your cars engine is designed to produce pressure and perform as it does.

You can Remap or use Tuning Boxes or other Tuning if you want,

The BOV is just for noise on your type of engine and otherwise is a liability not an Upgrade,  

but that is just my opinion.

ye your probably right. All the horror storys of compressor surges blowing up turbos on the internet put the fear in me. Luckily it's a bolt on. How does your boost run? Any problems with pressure or noise?

What horror stories about compressor surges?  

do you mean on some other type of Engine?

It makes the noises it should,

it is a Supercharged & Turbo charged engine.   They make noises.

If you think there is something wrong with yours, get it checked out, dont mess about and Invalidate any warranty you have.

They really are not DIY fix engines.

george

What horror stories about compressor surges?  

do you mean on some other type of Engine?

It makes the noises it should,

it is a Supercharged & Turbo charged engine.   They make noises.

If you think there is something wrong with yours, get it checked out, dont mess about and Invalidate any warranty you have.

They really are not DIY fix engines.

george

ye other cars. I'll try it back off and see if it's still fluttering. Doesn't take long.