Video making software

Loz

Not really photography as such, but I wonder if anyone can recommend any free, simple software that I can use to make a video out of my photos and video clips which I can then burn to DVD.

I used movie maker a few months ago (I've used it many times before, but with much less content) and I found that it wouldn't export properly. Any files it did produce couldn't be burnt to a normal DVD.

Thanks for any help

• 2 weeks later...

It's not free but only £17:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Vegas-Studio-Platinum-Production/dp/B0051M6IPI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1404689507&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+vegas

I find it easy to use and it's extremely flexible in its input and output, it can burn straight to DVD or push the video to its own DVD editor so you can stick on menus and similar.  There should be a fully functional trial version on the Sony site here (scroll down to Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11):

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/updates/vegasfamily

If that doesn't work, you can try version 13 instead although I don't know if it's changed much - I use v9, v10 and v11 and they're much the same.  You'll also need DVD Architect if you want to make up DVDs with menus.

John