Bike rack on boot

As a former cycle mechanic go for roof bars and cycle carries. A million times easier, secure'er and never seen on damage a car. Rear mounted carriers on the other hand regularly damaged cars, even the more expensive versions. I've seen everything from striped paint, dented boots through to cracked rear windows and remover bumpers. Seriously worth the extra cost in the long run!

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mine are Mont Blanc cycle carriers, left over from my old car, they were £60 delivered for the pair online.

The bars are Cruz alloy aero roof bars and fixing kit bought online from The Roofbox Company, got them in a deal for £75 delivered and if you change your car then it's only £20 for a fixing kit for your new one, great service too.

I personally use Thule rack and a carriers. The bars are aeros although the newer wing bars are lovely then then carriers are the 591's which in my opinion are one of the best designed units out there!

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

i was always told the vrs wasnt designed to have a rear mounted cycle rack and here George goes and shows me they lied, dealers, wtf do they know

just hope the dustbin lids dont read this as there goes my excuse

goneoffSKi, where are you securing both the lower straps too? Are going to the same anchor point? I've got the same rack as you, but slightly baffled regarding attacking the lower straps.

Yes they both go to the lower tie down hoop. (Watch the paint though)

There is usually Helicopter Tape under the Black metal Hooks to stop damage, 

& tape at the Glass to stop then slipping up. & you need no weight down on the Spoiler, that is why it is on so high.

The reason i use the Bike Rack on the Rear & not the roof bars, is i am transporting more than one bike on any day.

Others bikes.

Ferrying bikes to various points, and it is easy to put different size bikes covered in mud on and off.

Including Trials & Dirt Jump Bikes.

& i was using the Rack to hang the bikes on to work on, not my bike others,

I have Clasp Pillar tool stand, but it is quick to just stick a bike on the rack.

& it is handy to get them off quickly to get into Car Parks with Hight Barriers to keep out commercial vehicles.

& the rack gets swapped among different vehicles.

It is not ideal, but i have roof racks, and i usually have Bikes on a Trailer, which would be used if i could have a tow bar/ball on a vRS.

Cheers fella I've some helicopter tape bits around so I will discretely apply them where the strap are running over the paint work, and I will also take your advice regarding mounting position. Thanks.