Vrs tyre warning system

I've owned my 2010 Vrs for 9 months now today it was the third time it has come on telling me my tyres are going down. About two months gap each time

Each time checked tyre pressures and tyres are ok.

Does anyone know what could be causing this is it a faulty sensor ?

Is this a common fault ?

Could it be because it was a hot day all three of the system warning lights have come on have been on hot days. My car is parked in the sun at work maybe two tyres are higher pressure in the sun than the other side could be causing this I don't know just a guess!!

Has it come on after driving a while or very shortly after setting off?[/quote.

It's come on after a while about 7 to 8 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds about right. The system needs to run for a while in order to notice a problem. Have you checked the pressure immediately after the light came on or once the car has sat for a while?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Could it be because it was a hot day all three of the system warning lights have come on have been on hot days. My car is parked in the sun at work maybe two tyres are higher pressure in the sun than the other side could be causing this I don't know just a guess!!

Hugely unlikely. The octy system is nowhere near that sensitive. A tyre has to drop substantial pressure (not quite double figures but not far off) before the system even notices

Hugely unlikely. The octy system is nowhere near that sensitive. A tyre has to drop substantial pressure (not quite double figures but not far off) before the system even notices

I've had one random false alarm (on a bypass at motorway speed :sweat: ) on my vrs, yet the tpms didnt pick up a slow puncture so I dont put a lot off faith in this particular system.  I cant see that actually displaying the PSI for each wheel would have been much more expensive to implement and would have been much more useful.

Sounds about right. The system needs to run for a while in order to notice a problem. Have you checked the pressure immediately after the light came on or once the car has sat for a while?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I've checked the pressures when I got home about another 4 miles and I were all okay.

When I had my vrs from new after about a year the warning light came on a couple of times so I pumped up the pressure each time ,eventually took it into a tyre centre to be checked out only to be asked who had fitted the tyres?i explained that they were the originals from new only to be told the valve was not fitted properly from new,no more probs

When I had my vrs from new after about a year the warning light came on a couple of times so I pumped up the pressure each time ,eventually took it into a tyre centre to be checked out only to be asked who had fitted the tyres?i explained that they were the originals from new only to be told the valve was not fitted properly from new,no more probs

Funny you should say this i've only had this problem since I have had my new tyres fitted.