Superb II - boot won't open in either hatch or saloon mode

Hi.

I have a problem with my 2009 Superb 2.

I cannot open the boot at all - either in hatch or saloon mode.

When I press the large (hatch) boot release button (on the right), the lights flash, and I hear a motor move.  However, the boot release button on the remote and the left button on the tailgate do nothing.  Then, when I lock that vehicle again, I hear the motor move.

I am also unable to open the boot in "saloon" mode (tried key and left button on tailgate).

10 months ago the vehicle went into the main dealers, and had the wiring loom replaced, recently it has been back because the remotes needed "reprogramming".  I am a bit reluctant to go back again and incur some more costs.

Any ideas would be gratefully received!

THANKS!

Hi.

I have a problem with my 2009 Superb 2.

I cannot open the boot at all - either in hatch or saloon mode.

When I press the large (hatch) boot release button (on the right), the lights flash, and I hear a motor move.  However, the boot release button on the remote and the left button on the tailgate do nothing.  Then, when I lock that vehicle again, I hear the motor move.

I am also unable to open the boot in "saloon" mode (tried key and left button on tailgate).

10 months ago the vehicle went into the main dealers, and had the wiring loom replaced, recently it has been back because the remotes needed "reprogramming".  I am a bit reluctant to go back again and incur some more costs.

Any ideas would be gratefully received!

THANKS!

Ok, lets look at this.

Firstly the button on the key fob will only ever open the boot in saloon mode, hatch mode is always a manual function. This sounds very much like a dealer mistake has been made when fitting the loom and just shows, in my opinion that the dealer did not carry out sufficient checks once the job was completed.

Why have you not opened the boot in 10 months?

I would promptly drive the car straight back to the dealer and demand that they rectify it FOC as it was so clearly faulty at the point of handing the car back to you.

Good luck.

I had similar prob's a while back and it could be 1 of 2 things.

1) yes the loom, it enters the arm of the sedan part of the boot and where the loom enters is quite sharp, this is also where the most movement occurs on the loom too. even if you got a replacement one over time the same thing will happen as it did with the 1st. i didnt get a replacement loom, just repaired it. there is a really good post on this site about "repair to twin boot" (think its in the technical guides section). in the repair I pulled out the wire loom from the arm and ran it on the outside.

2) did you by any chance install a parrot phone kit or other electrical device and use one of the spare fuse spaces in the fuse box to the right of the steering wheel, prob here is that the central computer on the caris not programmed for the fuses to be active, and these devices take the power from your boot. happened me with a phone kit, finally plugged it into an active fuse point and had no probs since.

the 1st things I would try is to disconnect your car battery for a few minutes, then re-connect, this resets the computer to factory settings.

best of luck sorting it, it is repairable yourself if you are anyway good at DIY

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Just read your post about the tailgate not opening as i am experiencing the same issues. Worked fine and then stopped all of a sudden and now the alarm keeps activating.

Can i ask; How much did the wiring loom cost? My Skoda approved extended warranty apparently doesn't cover the cost of the wiring loom but would cover the mechanism!

I'm preparing myself for an expensive bill!

Not overly happy about having to pay since the car is only just over three years old and has the warranty!

Cheers anyway,

M