Car Covers

Moved house recently and my allotted parking space is under a tree which gives out sap, pollen and the birds seem to love cr**ping all over the car.

Anyone got any recommendations for car covers - model specific v generic (much cheaper) seems to be the basic choice.

I got one from eurocarparts, was good but very windy up here and was always blowing away, you might find it a bit harder to get one to fit your roomster as higher sided vehicle , good luck 

The best success I've had has been with half covers.  Fitting or removing a full one in a wind is awkward and they are bulky to fold.  They are all a damn nuisance if you have to remove them when wet.

The first half cover I had for my MX5 was held on by two elastic chin straps round the bumpers.  It would blow off when windy, and after a couple of years the elastic tape had lost its virtue altogether.  The material had also started to tear and had a few bits of duck tape on it by then.

Much better, and cheaper, was this one held on by a couple of tabs trapped by the boot lid, and velcro round the mirrors, door handles and wiper arms.  Never comes off, and still good at 2 years old.  http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop/viewproducts.aspx?plateindexID=10297 Sadly not listed for Roomster!

Reason for mentioning that is that it is the same material, judging by the picture, as the 'Stormforce' ones here - http://www.coveryourcar.co.uk/stormforce.htm - about £125 for a full Roomster one. Probably worth buying if you really want a full one.

Fitted is going to be a lot better than universal, whatever you go for.  Excess material just billows and gets the wind under it.  If it doesn't blow away, it's a lot more likely to rip.

These people do a half cover http://www.just-carcovers.co.uk/waterproof-half-car-cover-skoda-roomster-i9413.html# but I don't like the sound of the elastic and they don't show the material - I suspect it will be the thin silvered woven fabric, I'd say you might get a year out of it.  Maybe the coveryourcar people will make a half cover if somebody asks for it.

Half covers are more than half the use if you know what I mean.  They cover the windows and roof, the sides of the car don't get super dirty anyway, so the downside is mainly bird carp/tree glue on the bonnet, and boot if you have one.