Removing ignition key with DSG

Is there any clever stuff I am not aware of? Sometimes the ignition key cannot be removed despite the fact I am in Park.

I cannot move the selector lever either, so have to restart the engine, move the lever, stick it back in Park - and then it seems OK.

Does not always happen so presumably there is some sequence you need to follow- or there is an intermittent fault. Any ideas please?

This does sometimes also happen to me.  I find that just switching the ignition back on and then off  (NOT starting the engine) then allows the key to be removed.  Unrelated but If ignition is off then I can't move the selector out of Park even with my foot on the brake.

I had that the other day and was on the verge of getting seriously worried that I'd bent the key or something before I realised that it was just in neutral with the handbrake on.

Eventually came to the conclusion that you need to put it in park before switching off the ignition.  I assume it doesn't sense that it is in park unless the ignition is on, hence turning it on and off again will allow it to notice and let you get the key out.

I have done this a couple of times. It can happen if you're a bit too quick for the car at switching off before it's recognised the car is in park and to open the lock.

This is also a way in which you can stall the engine... if you're too quick putting into D before the engine has fully started.

Phil