Tow Bar for 2007 Estate

Hi just got a 2007 estate and need to fit a tow bar. Some say you can use a hatch back one some say you can't. Any type not to use? Prefer traditional flange really. Do they come up second hand often and what's the going rate? Finally the electrics. Hate scotchlocs etc. How much is th loom and does the car need to go to garage ot skoda dealer to get recoded for the trailer electrics?

Thanks

Mark

I've been trying to fit a towbar to my hatchback so I'll help you with what I've found.

I've been quoted about £120ish for a towbar and basic electrics, £200ish fitted. The proper looms are silly money but you might get lucky second hand. 

Hi

I think I will put a wanted ad in and see what turns up. Missed a cheapish new one on ebay. Providing just plug in electrics are ok. Think till re coded no warning light but will try and find ome to re code.

Mark