Newbie! Fabia with no first or second gear

Hello to anybody who may want to help my vrs lost first and second gear with problems or noises leading up to it. I have done all the adjustments on the the cables and and if I get first back I will loose say reverse so I am not sure if it is there gear box or not...

I have read through a lot of people having same problem but can't find anybody who has actually come back and said what it was I really don't want to buy new box for no reason but to me looks that way unless some of you lovely people can help!!!!!!![emoji1]

If you can get it back I'd def say it was the cables. I lost 5/6 when I did mine. Check your getting the gearbox locked properly in place before you release the cable ends. See if anyone lives near you who might be able to give you a hand resetting em.

Also a guess but maybe to cable ends are worn and slipping so not holding how it should, again mine seemed like they could have gripped the cable better.Think they are about 15 quid each from skoda.

Edited by Thisday