Hi all just wanted to say hello and ask for some advise.

I have on order a Skoda Superb L&K Estate 170 DSG as my next company car. Going to be interesting as my current company car is a Merc C Class 220 Estate. So it should be interesting to see what the two cars are like as a comparison. Though one thing is for sure there will be a lot more goodies on the L&K compared to the SE Spec Merc.

I definitely dropped the ball on a couple of points when I ordered it from the Leasing company. Firstly I ordered the colour white, not realising that there would be a choice of whites. I automatically assumed it would be a metallic. No the leasing company have ordered the solid white!!!!!! Too late to change it now. Anyone seen a solid white? If so does it look OK or or white van cheap?

Secondly I ordered as an option Tow bar Preparation. Thinking this would include a factory fitted tow bar. But it isn't. It apparently just makes the car ready for a tow bar. I thought at £160 it was a bit cheap. Can anyone advise what I am looking at price wise for a Skoda detachable tow bar to be fitted or if anyone has any experience of another make Witter etc.     

As you may of guessed I didn't spend much time researching the car prior to ordering. In my defence it was all done in a bit of a rush.

Lastly as you may of guessed I am looking to tow a caravan with this. Can anyone tell me what the heaviest van they tow with there Superb Estate. Website says max weight for a braked trailer is 1800KG and the total weight is 2142KG but Kerb-weight with driver is 1579KG. The last bit is confusing if trying to use the 85% rule.

If anyone has any answers to any of the questions that I have raised I would appreciate it.

Regards

Sprayman