Engine Fans

Thought i'd start a new thread regarding this issue.

I've recently had a new aircon compressor fitted due to a seized pump, aircon now works fine.

But...

When switching the aircon to auto both fans fire up at max speed, and then when turning aircon off using econ button both fans stop.

Engine temp is fine, no problems with that.

No, it's not supposed to be like that. They are supposed to be on, but not sound like they do when the radiator is overheating.

Mine are the same and I have recently had a new Condenser put in. See thread below about Air Con issues again!

The fan on my Audi is currently running flat out with the AC switched on, its going in today to have the system regassed as it does not get that cold. Failing that it looks like I'll also be needing a new pressure switch.

I stopped my Passat next to a camp site office with the air con running in ~40C ambient  and SWMBO was sitting in the car. The proprietor told me to switch off the car as the fan noise would disturb the campers. It was very loud I agreed. And no, I'd never noticed the degree of noise before. Guess the Octavia might do that as well in very hot weather?