How-to guide: Removal and Repair of G68 Temperature Flap Motor

So I thought I would post up my 'How to' guide on removal and repair of the dreaded G68 temperature flap motor.

Most people will know this from being blasted with hot air in the middle of summer and freezing cold air in the middle of winter. Proper troll car!

I recently tackled this job myself and so far so good, my problem has been sorted!

So rather than spunk £100 on a new motor or £300+ at the dealers (because they reckon the entire dash needs removing - *******s!), I've knocked together this guide on how to repair the motor. All you need is a few tools and some contact cleaner.

I have attached the guide as a PDF, so you can download it and print it off. :)

Hope it helps!

Repairing Temperature Flap G68.pdf

• Like 4

Fantastic guide! I've done this before, although I never managed to get the sodding passenger footwell vent out - maybe I should have pulled harder!

My cleaning only lasted a few weeks before it went back to before, unfortunately :(