warranty updates for fabia VRS

I have just recently bought my VRS and I thought because it was second hand I would see if there are any outstanding warranty things that need to be done before it comes out of warranty. Spoke to Skoda UK and said there have been no recalls issued for the Fabia VRS.

Is this true or are they fobbing me off.

I should add my car is a 61 plate fabia VRS and has warranty until October, hence why asking about the recalls.

Hi mate

I also have a fab vrs on a 61 plate, also up In October. I spoke with Skoda about mine and they also told me that there are no recalls. There's a link on their site somewhere where you can enter your VIN number to see if there's any recall/dsg service etc.

• Like 1

That only tells you what has been done as recall, not things that could be wrong that can be sorted under warranty, although if its the same warranty company I have when I bought a used skoda. You wont get much. Although my experience was that skoda sorted what the warranty company wouldnt.

There are no 'Recalls' on Fabia Mk2,  but there are what Skoda call 'Service Campaign' items.  

So no Recalls is conjunction with VOSA & them Contacting Registered Keepers.

These might be done already on your car or is not required.

There is the Service Campaign on DQ200 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch DSG,  

that Skoda say not all mk2 Fabia vRS or other Fabias with DSG require the Field Action.

& there is a Service Campaign on Heated Seats, Element, Wiring Switch on some Fabia MK2 with Heated Seats.

RE a Extended Warranty

if your car is going out of the Skoda original 3 year warranty.

Maybe worth looking at the 'Skoda Approved Extended Warranty' for 1 or 2 years.

Or the same type of thing but maybe cheaper from 'Car Care Plan'  who are the provider of the 'Skoda Approved Extended Warranty.

george

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

I have just recently bought my VRS and I thought because it was second hand I would see if there are any outstanding warranty things that need to be done before it comes out of warranty. Spoke to Skoda UK and said there have been no recalls issued for the Fabia VRS.

Is this true or are they fobbing me off.

I should add my car is a 61 plate fabia VRS and has warranty until October, hence why asking about the recalls.

I'd write a letter to the Dealer was servicing the car from new and SUK to have those things in writing. The reason being sometimes people do not get any paperwork sorted.

If you get your confirmation in writing you will have much stronger position of something goes wrong instead "but you told me over the phone" ;).

My one is Nov 2012 and I had faulty rear wiper motor, cold air intake coming loose and needed to be replaced and front heated seats heating element replaced under silent recall.

Except from oil usage related engine replacement there were problems with clutch packs, mechatronic units on DSG, plugs and resulting ignition coil failures as for the most prevalent ones to look for. Extended warranty is the best thing you can do, well worth the money!

Hi mate

I also have a fab vrs on a 61 plate, also up In October. I spoke with Skoda about mine and they also told me that there are no recalls. There's a link on their site somewhere where you can enter your VIN number to see if there's any recall/dsg service etc.

I can confirm that there are two outstanding Field Actions that need to be completed by your ŠKODA Retailer and I have listed them below:

34F7 S-Gear oil replacement

74C7 W-Heater element

I would recommend that you get these completed by a ŠKODA Retailer at your earliest convenience.

Thank you once again for contacting ŠKODA UK Customer Services.

Kind regards

John Good

ŠKODA UK | Selectapost 34 | Sheffield | S97 3FA

Tel: +44 (0)845 7745745 | fax: +44 (0)844 8267855 [email protected] | www.skoda.co.uk | www.skoda-auto.com

These were the outstanding field actions on mine hope this helps .