Drivers seat reclining issue

Hi all, as the title suggests I have an issue with my drivers seat recliner, it will recline back fine, but when you turn the handle forward (manual not electric) it wont budge, it doesn't matter how hard I try it will not move, and the more I fiddle with it trying to work out what's wrong the more I end up reclining the seat. So before I end up with a completely flat sun lounger for a drivers seat, has anyone else had this problem or know of a way to fix it? It's a 55 plate mk2 vrs it that helps, cheers!

Hi yes I have tried it from out of the seat, as well as sat in the back giving really good access to the handle and even tried pushing the back from behind whilst turning the handle, it just won't move forward! I think I may have to see if I can take the seat apart at the weekend to have a look at the mechanisms inside.

I had a similar issue on my Le Vrs, it was the opposite of yours ie would not recline it would only get more upright. Took it to my dealer DM Keith in Leeds, who had to fit new seat frame as they said it was the only way to sort it. The car was just out of warranty but DM Keith got it through with Skoda uk as goodwill ( Full service history with them etc).

Thanks for the info Toddie, but fortunately I was able to fix it, for the time being. After removing the seat and lifting up the cover, I could see that when turning the handle the splines that met on the seat were forcing against each other, but with a bit of careful persuasion with a hammer I bent them back so that they met. It is all working fine now, not convinced its a long term fix as something must have caused it to have bent in the first place but I'll worry about that if it goes wrong again!