roof box

Yes, you will need roof bars to suit your car.  I used Thule as I had them for my previous car, just needed adaptors.  From my experience though you will need to give some thought to the size of box that you buy.  I thought it would be simply a case of fitting the box that I used for my previous car but needed to buy a different one.  The space between the bars once fitted to the car is critical when buying a box which then clamps to them.  Usually the box manufacturers state the minimum and maximum distance between the bars.  I bought a long narrow 'coffin' typed one which fitted well on my Elegance Tsi hatch.  If you look inside the door frames under the roof you will see two holes which are used by the roof bar fittings. Run your hand along and you will feel them. One inside each door.