Sudden warnings: Tyre pressure, ESP and Control system for exhaust

Hello owners of the MKII Superb,

I have just joined the group following a web search.

As I can see, you are all very experienced, I hope you might be able to share any information that you may know.

On my way to France suddenly the tyre pressure warning light did come on, and after check of the tyres and pressing the reset for a few seconds the warning light did not show again. A few days later I drove on the French Route National and suddenly the car started to shake and the ESP warning light did come on. After re-starting the car the ESP warning did not show again. Again a few days later the Control system for exhaust warning light came on.  After re-starting the car also this warning did not show again. By the way, I do notice a Wobbly tachometer since approx. year.

Popped it into the dealer the next week and they told me that none of the warnings was recorded in the ECU (VCDS scan did not show the warnings in it's log). They advised me to return when the warnings show again. Please note I’m a bit worried as my warranty expires in two months.

Any reason to re-visit the dealer??

Wierd combination. Maybe the long trip down the motorway to France caused some issues? Anyway, ESP + TPMS light are related to the ABS pump, it controls both things. Exhaust control light could have been just the car saying it needed to regenerate. I hope you followed the instructions;

2qsp6c9.jpg

I would pay close attention to it, and visit the dealer a week before your warranty runs out and ask for a complete checkup given the potential problems with ABSpump and/or DPF, both costly repairs. If they say "nothing wrong", get it in writing and use it as leverage if something should happen a little further down the line.

That sort of "lots of warning lights" thing can also be low charge, due to the sprague clutch on the alternator sticking open for a bit. You didn't see anything else, like, say the radio and/or interior fan turning themselves off at the same time? That would pretty much confirm it.