k03s hybrid or k04

At some point im going to upgrade my turbo

Id like about 260bhp, i could have an apr kit conversion that will get me to about 245bhp and will cost around 1800 fitted

Fairly straigt forward and i can upgrade all the other bits at a later stage

But i keep reading that a k03s hybrid would be easier and cheaper and offer more potentual

Anyone done this and can tell me tje real cost of hybrid? Where can you buy them from?

I cant see how one will be heaper tjan the other but i beed educTiing on tjis as im still learning

This is true, the only thing that puts me off spending more on my current set up is tjat its great upto 5000 rpm and by the time i get near 6 im already fallen to stock boost levels of 0.6 - 0.7 bar

It just seems to loose power after a good few seconds of strong boost

The k250 ko3s hybrid by beachbuggy turbos is rated for around the 250-260bhp mark, and is a fair bit cheaper than the k300 hybrid, still a 3s but has seen figures well into the 300+ ponies!

I have a mate with a 270bhp ko4 Vrs and a mate with a k300 golf gti, power on both cars is awesome but i feel the ko4 feels more agressive to drive, whereas the k300 feels more refined. Personally id sooner fork out a bit more on a ko3s hybrid and have a bolt on replacement rather than saving money but having to faff aroumd swapping stuff for the ko4 setup :)

The k250 ko3s hybrid by beachbuggy turbos is rated for around the 250-260bhp mark, and is a fair bit cheaper than the k300 hybrid, still a 3s but has seen figures well into the 300+ ponies!

I have a mate with a 270bhp ko4 Vrs and a mate with a k300 golf gti, power on both cars is awesome but i feel the ko4 feels more agressive to drive, whereas the k300 feels more refined. Personally id sooner fork out a bit more on a ko3s hybrid and have a bolt on replacement rather than saving money but having to faff aroumd swapping stuff for the ko4 setup :)

Thats interesting mate thaks for that, had a look on the website got some awesome stuff there!

I can vouch for the beach buggy turbo I have one on mine now the k250s and it's hella quick even without the map getting checked but I need it checked

How does the k250 compare to stock turbo ? Does it hold boost for longer? And how much did it cost to have fitted?

Fitted my self as it's easy for me and I have to get it mapped to suit the turbo now as apparently mine was stage two

I got mine with an uprated actuator as well rated to 11 psi, an rs6 exhaust wheel but stock ko3s compressor wheel, it's a thing of beauty and didn't want to put it on the car

Rtech only map

Hardware needs to be done first ;-) I know some that can ;-) lol

Aha so after reading through a few threads i now know you are mr cntuning!

How much would you charge to fit a k03 hybrid and any sipporting bits reasy for rtech to map?

At the moment i have revo so im aware that needs to come off

• 7 months later...