F/L MK2 Octavia - Couple of issues....

Hi all,

Had my f/l Mk2 DSG Octavia for a little over a month now. I've done 1200 miles and i've noticed a couple of things that i'm not 100% sure on.....

The first is a strange noise when accelerating quite hard - it sounds like rushing water or something similar. It's really hard to explain, but It's only when the throttle is down quite hard. Any ideas?

The second is water ingress from the drivers door. In the rather inclement weather yesterday I was driving on the M25 at 70, and I got a drip on my leg. I looked along the seal and there was a small amount of water along the seal - has anyone had similar?

Car is a 59 plate with 20k on the clock.

Cheers,

Dave

Ive had this issue on my company car, a Fabia estate but only very occasional so never really looked in to it much. Maybe there's some way to adjust the latching mechanism to pull the door on the seals harder to stop this?

Ive had this issue on my company car, a Fabia estate but only very occasional so never really looked in to it much. Maybe there's some way to adjust the latching mechanism to pull the door on the seals harder to stop this?

That's an interesting point - I'll have a look. Didn't know if it was a common complaint with the f/l Octavia or Skoda in general. I certainly didn't have anything like it in my 06 plate Octy.

The water leak along the top of the drivers door is a common issue that has plagued the MkII since launch in 2005.

One of many threads...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/160676-leak-from-door-seal/?hl=%2Bleak+%2Bdrivers+%2Bdoor

The noise under hard acceleration could be a loose turbo pipe. You mention a sound like running water but could it be escaping air under boost pressure?

The water leak along the top of the drivers door is a common issue that has plagued the MkII since launch in 2005.

One of many threads...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/160676-leak-from-door-seal/?hl=%2Bleak+%2Bdrivers+%2Bdoor

The noise under hard acceleration could be a loose turbo pipe. You mention a sound like running water but could it be escaping air under boost pressure?

Ok, i'll have a chat with SUK about the leak - doesn't bode well! 

With regards to the noise, I don't think it's turbo related, as there is definitely no performance loss - it's more down near the gearbox....

One of many threads...

not had this issue in my Octavia so fingers crossed! is checking the turbo boost pipes pretty simple? First class novice here!