Protecting the rear bumper from scuff marks?

SeaGoat

Hopefully a quick & easy question.

The top surface of my rear bumper is getting abraded when people use it to rest on when putting on and taking off walking boots and when hauling stuff out of the boot. Other than (fruitlessly) telling people to be more careful is there any sort of convenient, unobtrusive and tasteful protection available?

Clear gloss vinyl wrap does the job for me. 3m stuff is the best and much cheaper than the skoda accessories. Ebay search 'clear vinyl'. Hope this helps

Thanks for that, I found "Car Paint Protection Film (CLEAR) Vinyl Wrap Sticker 1000mm x 150mm" on eBay at £8.24. What concerns me is that the bumper is curved and I  don't see how you can avoid wrinkles and bubbles?

I also found a Skoda Fabia rear bumper protector (RBP533) at http://www.rearguards.co.uk for £38.76 + £6.50 p&p which seems absolutely perfect since it is shaped and it folds over the lip - does anyone have any experience of these?

I think you will find cheaper than that for a MK2 Fabia.   £28 should get you one.

It does what it should, i take it you will want a Black one and not Grey.

Not difficult to put on 3M Clear Protector Film or other Brands,

but you will maybe need to watch on Youtube if you do not know how.  Or go to a Wrap Company, it is going to take them less than 20 Minutes.

Hopefully a quick & easy question.

The top surface of my rear bumper is getting abraded when people use it to rest on when putting on and taking off walking boots and when hauling stuff out of the boot. Other than (fruitlessly) telling people to be more careful is there any sort of convenient, unobtrusive and tasteful protection available?

You arent telling them well enough.

If anybody did that to my car, id go mental.

No need for protection, they shouldn't be doin it! Aha

• Like 1

There is an easier way that costs nothing.

Keep an old sheet or similar rolled up under the rear lip of the boot and before loading/unloading unfurl a section so it sits over the bumper to protect it,this can be the same sheet that you also spread over the boot floor when dirty items are carried.

George,it's not only Scots that can be thrifty!!

For neatness i use a Large Rectangular rubber mat from B & Q, its about £15,   just as you say, pulled over the bumper.

and can get used on the ground if working under the car or on the ground.

I covers the stuff in the boot, because i have the Floor Removed. 

For cheapness i have Cut up Pieces of Swimming Pool Thermal Covering,  and these are more comfy when down working on the ground.

& good for turning Mountain Bikes onto upturned.

Skoda sell a  transparent plastic film protector for the Fabia mk2 and Octavia mk2 ,my partner had one fitted to her Fabia vRS to  stop her large Collie' claws scuffing the rear bumper. In two years, of weekly use, not a mark. Similarly for the same reason I had one fitted to my Octavia mk2 ,same result.

Means you have car colour and you can hardly see the film .

The Fabia is currently £33.00 or if fitted by dealer £69.00 (Part and Fitting) 

Does the business and is a good shaped fit.

My Partner is just about to have another fitted to her new vRS.

Edited by vrskeith

As soon as I took delivery of my Fabia TSi last year I fitted one of these:- http://www.rearguards.co.uk/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=RBP534&sid=k569abs0e2mti732xn373b18vc86rh61  Looks to be the same one as Wonky has fitted to his TSi. Worth every penny as it saves all the knocks and scratches.  I bought the Brushed Alloy one which looks great on my Corrida Red car.

Edited by Stratton