Interior monitoring sensor

Hello everyone!

Last week I was at work and the security guy came after me that my alarm keeps going off. I went out and everything was fine with the car, no alarm. Today, after 3-4 days I was coming out from a shop and see that the alarm goes off again. No parking cars or walking people next to the car. Went home, parked the car on a driveway. After 30-40 minutes the alarm went off again. I opened the car and checked every piece of paper or whatever what can move and trigger the interior monitoring sensor. What I found was a fly. I opened the doors to get rid of it and closed the doors by remote again. So far no alarm.

So my question is, can this small insect cause enough movement to the interior monitoring sensor to trigger the alarm or will I need a new unit soon?

If you get further random activations then try disabling the interior sensor with the button on the drivers door pillar. If this stops the problem then it could be the internal sensor. Had to replace mine recently - easy diy job at around £115. I work with an VAG trained Tech who tells me its a really common problem.