car camera fitting

greatdane

Help needed please!

My wife has a Citigo and had the crash for cash done on her ,,,,,

She wants a car crash camera fitted so been on the internet for ages decided on HD and a two way system but don't know who to use to have it hard wired in and fitted we are in Yorkshire don't mind taking it somewhere but I would rather take it somewhere what is recommended any advice very much appreciated

All you need is a piggy back fuse wired to a female cigarette fitting and hard wire it into the fuse box. Threading and hiding all the wires would be a piece of cake.

I could fit it and hide the wires but to hard wire it in me and car electrics are a big no no ......wish I could do it

Really a very easy install usually, are you not tempted to give it a go yourself?

Edited by greatdane

Start here: http://www.techmoan.com/

Main considerations.

- Ease of use. Does it auto-start with the car.

- Mounting/maintaining it in the car. Can it easily be attached and stealthed say near the RVM.

- Quality of image. Clarity, speed of dealing with dynamic light changes and driving in darkness.

- "Crash loop". Does it have a button to preserve recording(s) in the event of a bash?

J.

I could fit it and hide the wires but to hard wire it in me and car electrics are a big no no ......wish I could do it

Have a look through my old guide, it's pretty universal for any car. Really is very basic and almost just plug and play. I now run a camera front and back. 

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/265343-dash-cam-12v-multi-adaptor-hidden-install-driver-storage-compartment

ps. sorry to hear about the crash for cash thing :( I trust your wife is ok? 

Theres a guy I and my dad have used for years whos very recommended at this sort of thing, car alarms, bluetooth kits, reverse cameras and sensors etc etc, he lives in leeds but is he does all this mobile, hes called Ian, his number is 07774 446402, hope you get it sorted mate

• Like 1