Central Locking again

Fozzyal08

Hello all,

Newbie here, but I've been following the forum since January when I bought an 05 Red VRS Wagon.

When I bought the car the small dealer had trouble trying to fix the central locking on the drivers door. As per the other hundred posts he eventually found the control connector pins were corroded and paid Skoda at Aylesford Kent to fit a new door loom, control panel and regulator. He also fitted the door lock mechanism I believe and all has been well since.

Today I came out of work and pressed the key fob to unlock the car to find the drivers door wouldn't open except with the key. The interior lights work, as do the mirrors, window and lights on buzzer. The dash door indicator is on but the led light on the door pin is not.

Do you think this could be the micro switch in the door lock, as Im hoping the new wiring and connector wouldn't have failed this quickly?

Thanks,

Fozzyal

There's more than one microswitch in the lock mechanism.

The one that usually fails is the one that detects if the door is open or not. It's activated by the lock catch rotating when you close the door.

You've said that the "door open" dash light comes on and goes off when you open and close the door, so that rules the main microswitch out.

You're also able to use the lock electronics with the key itself, so the lock and other microswitches and lock electronics must be good.

Which leaves only a few other areas:

- The door loom wiring in the door pillar.

- The window regulator and connector.

- Something else.

You would need to get access to the door pillar wiring (see other posts on this) and check it. Only then would I start dismantling the door inner. Or just take it back to the dealer.

Darryl

Hi mate thanks for the reply. I rang skoda who fitted it and they confirmed they fitted a new ccu and window regulator and door wiring. All of the above are under warranty but they wont help me without the paperwork from the garage I bought it from, who appears to be closed. Bloody typical, I knew I should have asked for the paperwork!

Ive had the door card off and used contact spray on the new plug but ill check the door pillar wiring next.

Thanks again.

Edited by Fozzyal08

No the led does not work with the key or with the control panel.

Im thinking the actuator may have a broken solder joint from the plug to the motor because I tested the motor at the terminals with power. I didnt check the wiring behind the microswitches.

I think il order an ebay one to see if that sorts it.