kid proof car seat covers: recommendations?

mgaved

Hello folks

the dad-car must evolve and now cope with a toddler that is kicking their little boots on the back of the passenger seat. Soon I am sure I can expect all sorts of foodstuffs and worse to follow.

Any recommendations for decent passenger car seat covers to give us half a chance of having passenger seats that are not too frightening to sit on when child seat is removed and an adult is being given a lift?

cheers!

We don't use nuffink.

Perhaps we've been lucky, but there's only been one sicky incident in 5 1/2 years - which mostly affected the child seat.  A couple of baby wipes on the rest and it was fine.  We only drink water in the car and the odd snack.

Edited by Dan H

• 2 weeks later...

I just put cheap black synthetic blanket from IKEA on the rear bench. It is soft enough to be wrapped round/match contours of the rear seats. If we need to remove seats, blanket is easily removed, and took care of all incidents over 12 years / 3 cars. Gravity usually makes sure it is the bench and not the backs that are affected.

For the backs of the driver/front passenger seats, I have seat back protectors bought many years ago at Halfords, basically black nylon over a wired frame. As a bonus, they have pockets where kids used to stock their drinks and toys (and nowadays store sunglasses and smartphone charging cables). Protectors attach by strap to headrest and by rope to bottom of the seat, so are not easily removable, but it is not a big issue, they look OK in my opinion.