vRS on its way

Brilliant, you must be fit to bust for the arrival of your new toy. Could I pry, and ask when you placed your order, and whether it is early/ on time/ delayed etc. I placed my order on 8th Sept. Dealer said he won't have a build date much before Christmas, and deliver is due sometime in February... :envy:

Awesome news what colour did you go for ?

Brilliant, you must be fit to bust for the arrival of your new toy. Could I pry, and ask when you placed your order, and whether it is early/ on time/ delayed etc. I placed my order on 8th Sept. Dealer said he won't have a build date much before Christmas, and deliver is due sometime in February... :envy:

My order was accepted by the factory on the 23rd of May and is due to be built this week. I have ordered a VRS Tsi estate.

Colour was a difficult choice. I changed between Black, Green and Silver before settling on Blue. I think the dealer was pretty fed up with my flip flop tbh. You have a dsg tsi estate like me. It'll be my first skoda, and first auto/ DSG. I'd be interested to see some pics/ hear what your initial impressions are when it arrives

• Like 1

You will love it I have had my vrs metal grey for 2 weeks now and absolutely love it, The colour really is an eye turner and I get lots of comments when parked up and lots of stares on the motorway Lol.

Fantastic car I drive in sport mode at all times too.

• Like 2

I've ordered (predictably...) a Race Blue..........although I sometimes think that Rally Green would have been a bit rarer.

Car was ordered in May.......so lead time around 5 months

• Like 1

I've ordered (predictably...) a Race Blue..........although I sometimes think that Rally Green would have been a bit rarer.

Car was ordered in May.......so lead time around 5 months

I lucked out with my VRS TDI estate, ordered 2nd August and expecting it to arrive in the UK some time this week. Rallye Green with black pack + extras. Seen a few greens pop up over the last few weeks. Must say they look awesome and can't wait to get my hands on it!

I have went for Metal Grey for my on order Tsi Estate. I have had 2 Race Blue Tsi vrs Hatchbacks and my brother has a Rally Green Tsi vrs hatch, the Rally Green is a really nice colour the pictures don't do it justice. 

I've had my order confirmed now (I use the word "confirmed" loosely, of course!) ......delivery for mid January...which suits me just fine. 

Saw a Fabia in Meteor Grey this afternoon and I'm really excited now, childish I know!  :D

Edited by lozza
  • Like 1

vRS arrived today - I'm impressed!

Some early feedback (bear in mind I'm moving from a Superb Combi 170 elegance):-

Vrs feels more refined than Superb (maybe because Superb covered 70k miles).

Ride quality is better in vRS - a real shock as I was expecting it to be worse! Both on 18's.

Very quite on regular roads and Tarmac .....abit noisier on rough m way Tarmac

Feels like it's better screwed together.

Covers ground deceptively rapidly - combo of plenty of torque and nimble handling? Similar in character to my R1150R!

Not a lot of difference in space in front and boot. Loose a bit of leg room in rear.......but I guess nothing short of an s class can compete with rear leg room of Superb.

Can't hear the noise generator thingy - don't know if it's fitted or not.

Sports mode just tightens up the steering and throttle response ......."normal" seems to cover most of my needs!

Race blue looks good.......but I think rally green is more "stand out".

Seats comfy - covered about 150 miles so far.

Not missed the various gadgets on the Superb so far.....electric heated seats, Columbus sat nav, leather etc

More later....