What display do I have?

Alzar

Hi,

vRS N00b here.

I've bought a FL Octavia, first registered in February 2012. Can anyone tell me the type of display that I have?

I'm pretty sure it's not Maxidot bit I'm wondering can it be upgraded using VCDS or some software update?  

A picture of the console is in the attached file.

Thanks in advance for any info. 

Al.

post-118563-0-87068200-1411656184_thumb.jpg

Cheers Softscoop.

Thanks for the reply - I was pretty sure I didn't have the Maxidot & sorry, that's about the only thread I didn't view.

Swopping out the cluster & re-coding sounds expensive & probably more trouble than it's worth I guess.

Next one will be better specced ;-)

thanks again

Al.

Eddie-NL can swap them over for you at a very reasonable price with your correct mileage and imobiliser coding. You'll have to find a FL maxidot cluster in mph for a TDI which could be quite a challenge. When I was looking for one I could only get a standard non vrs one:

post-103429-0-87889400-1411657805_thumb.jpg

which looks good, it just doesn't look quite stock.

I got mine from http://www.skodateile.cz/ this guy is very helpful. It seems that kph ones are still reasonably easy to find. Maxi dot is one of those options that allow you to build on a lot, bluetooth, nav, etc. It's a pity that most cars weren't speced with it new, it was one of the cheaper options on the list.  

Hi Slavish,

I'm based in Ireland so unfortunately a trip across to Eddie-NL is really out. My vRS was bought in the UK & brought over here.

Thankfully I've got both MPH & KPH on the display.

You are right in saying that the Maxidot does allow us to build on bits n' bobs but with the mileage I'm doing (900/week just for work) , I'd be hoping to change her next year & I'm not sure if the outlay would be worth it.

Am I right in saying that a lot of options can be enabled/disabled with the use of a VCDS? My local Indy has one.

Thanks

Al.

Hi Slavish,

I'm based in Ireland so unfortunately a trip across to Eddie-NL is really out. My vRS was bought in the UK & brought over here.

Thankfully I've got both MPH & KPH on the display.

You are right in saying that the Maxidot does allow us to build on bits n' bobs but with the mileage I'm doing (900/week just for work) , I'd be hoping to change her next year & I'm not sure if the outlay would be worth it.

Am I right in saying that a lot of options can be enabled/disabled with the use of a VCDS? My local Indy has one.

Thanks

Al.

Yes everything that you would find in the options menu of maxidot you can change with VCDS and loads more.