My Vrs takes a while to start and has random cut outs, Any ideas?

samrenton

Hi I'm new to this vrs world and need a little help!

Got my vrs in March, love it! and has been running great until recently. It seems to take a while to start up. It cranks fine and the battery has great charge but it's like it's not getting fuel straight away?? After about 5 seconds it starts up and runs fine, however occasionally when it's running it jolts/cuts out and starts back up again almost instantly and again seems to run fine.

Any suggestions on what I could check? Something must be on the route to failing!

Cheers guys

Its on 57K miles fuel filter was changed around 40K. No lights on the dash!

However yesterday it was suddenly misfiring like crazy and then cut out and assume went into is it 'limp mode' as there was no active turbo. I've noticed too on idle it occasionally coughs.

After having similar problems to yours described I was able to identify a faulty crank position sensor, faulty MAP sensor and damaged alternator load signal wire.