Bulbs for Rear Lights on Combi.

jonnb

I would be grateful if anyone could help me with the right bulb types to order for the rear light unit in a combi, as I am trying to replace all bulbs with canbus error free bulbs if possible.   thanks for any help.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me with the right bulb types to order for the rear light unit in a combi, as I am trying to replace all bulbs with canbus error free bulbs if possible. thanks for any help.

W5W/T10 bulbs in the front and rear overhead cabin lights, and also for the lights built into the inside of the estate boot lid.

Get a bag of 10 of these: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=131275460556

And a bag of 10 of these: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=130976781942

You'll then be able to also do the side mirror puddle lights, the under/door puddle lights, and the front sidelights (matches the xenons on the pre-FL).

One lot is white-white, and the other is warm-white.

Edited by JakeBlade

It's the bulb sizes in the rear light cluster that I am look for , parking light, brake light , indicator, and fog light,   thanks,  all other lights are already replaced, 

Here you go, taken from the osram app. Let us know which LEDs you choose, and how you get on with them.

Brand.: SKODA

Model: SUPERB Estate (3T5)

Type: 2.0 TDI 16V

##########################

Function: Back-up lamp

Product Family: ORIGINAL LINE

Order no.: 921

ECE Category: W16W

Techn. Data 12V 16W W2,1x9,5d

Function: License plate light

Order no.: 6418

ECE Category: C5W

Techn. Data 12V 5W SV8,5 (11x35)

Function: Rear direction indicator

Order no.: 5009

ECE Category: RY10W

Techn. Data 12V 10W BAU15s

Function: Rear fog lamp

Order no.: 7506

ECE Category: P21W

Techn. Data 12V 21W BA15s

Function: Stop lamp

Order no.: 921

ECE Category: W16W

Techn. Data 12V 16W W2,1x9,5d

Function: Tail light

Order no.: 2825

ECE Category: W5W

Techn. Data 12V 5W W2,1x9,5d

The non-LED rear clusters on the Superb are designed to work with normal incandescent bulbs. This is why they have curved reflective lenses behind the bulbs - optimised for non-LED bulbs.

LED's are very directional so you lose the reflective benefits offered by non-LED bulbs.

This means that retrofitting LED's into the rear clusters will reduce not improve light output.

You'd be better upgrading to the facelft combi rear clusters which are already LED.

Jake and Silver, thanks for the help,   something to think about,  difference in cost of changing bulbs or complete units is approx €280 more for the new units, and then the cost of bulbs for this unit.

Since the lights are coloured by the light covers already, and the efficiency benefit is negligible compared to the overall efficiency of the car, it doesn't make much sense to worry about changing rear light bulbs at all. All you get is a faster turn-on time and possibly longer bulb life, though cost per hour may still be higher.

Converting the front lights to LED so they match the Xenons is a nice upgrade though - it's not going to happen on my car till next year though. Also upgrading the floodlights in the boot door so the boot opening is illuminated better at night would be genuinely useful. those bulbs aren't on the CANbus at all (I took one out to have a look and the car didn't give a bulb error at all), so anything that'll fit and takes 12V will work there.